Recipe inspiration this Veganuary
Considered adding more plant based eating to your diet but unsure where to start?
Last week we spoke to Beatrice, founder of The Nourished Bowl.
A certified nutrition and health coach Beatrice has adopted a plant based diet for both herself and her family for the past 5 years and felt many benefits.
Here she shares some top tips for incorporating more plant based eating in to your diet and shares a great recipe too. Enjoy!
Introduce foods slowly, especially beans and lentils. Over-doing these can lead to bloating.
Dont' deprive yourself of foods you love. If you love cheese and don't enjoy the vegan options, continue to enjoy them. Just consider cutting down a little.
Go easy on yourself, give things a try and come back to them, or find ways that you can adapt things to suit your family.
Be realistic, we all lead busy lives and if you opt for convenience on some of those busy days, there is nothing to feel guilty about.
We dont need one person doing it perfectly. We need a million people doing it imperfectly.
Fancy trying one of Beatrice's recipes?
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large pan, add the oil and fry the tempeh strips at medium heat from both side until golden, but be careful not to let them burn.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce and the nutritional sauce and quickly coat the tempeh strips in it.
- Tip the broccoli florets and the garlic into the pan. Sauté the whole mix for about 10 minutes, turning regularly.
- Remove the pan from the heat once the broccoli is slightly tender. Serve with grains, add some sesame seeds, sliced spring onions and a bit of lemon juice if you wish.